Tips for Beginning Knitters
- Circular Needles can be used for flat knitting
- Short projects are good for learning new things
- Hats make great swatches when you use the same type of needle
- Check your work and count your stitches often the faster you find your mistakes the better
- YouTube is your friend, you can learn a lot there and if one video doesn’t help look for another one. When that fails, reach out to your LYS for a class, they are worth the cost.
- Keep your stitches moving along your needle when you don’t keep the stitches you are working on moving up, you can get uneven stitches.
- Practice knitting without looking
- Learn to read your knitting
- Learn to fix mistakes without ripping everything out
- Paid patterns are often worth the price
- Like with other things, you get what you pay for with yarn.
- If you can’t get a ball winder and a swift, get a swift first. Don’t use a mixer to wind your yarn!
I’d love for you to leave a review on iTunes!
You can find my indie dyed yarn here.